Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What is your puppy doing now?

As I said, they are in the bigger pen and now have toys. It's cute watching them figure out toys. They like the stuffed animals and the "booda bone". The pink pig is, once again, a favorite. Last year's pups loved it too.

A new addition this year is a "tunnel". Some friends and I who all have the occasional litter of pups have a supply of puppy things we pass around, and the tunnel was added since I had the stuff last year. You can see it in at least a photo or two on the Picassa site.

We also have been outside a few times to play. I set a pen up to put them in while I clean the indoor pen. The grass was a little strange for them at first, now they're fine. Today is actually a much cooler day than we've been having. I'm hoping it stays nice so we can spend more time playing outside.

All pups do respond and come to me when I call "puppy, puppy". When I sit in the pen they love to crawl on my lap. Of course, now that they have teeth they nibble on my toes as well!

While Kim and her daughter, Heather, were here, we took the pups outside to play. They ate their lunch, then Fada, the Podengo came out to play with them. Fada weighs only nine pounds, so the pups were all over her. The little pigs had just eaten a huge meal, and were trying to nurse Fada still! Incredibly patient baby that she is, she just laid there and let them. River had even really latched on!

Several pups have started doing play bows to one another and stalking each other down. They are really starting to interact with one another more and more. I will trade out toys as time goes on. I switch them from time to time, to introduce new things. Will keep you all posted on how things are going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter, Heather, and I had a wonderful time visiting all the puppies. I cannot believe how much they have grown. They are all starting to develop little personalities as well. It will be fun to see how they mature in the next couple of weeks! My "favorites" keep changing!!!

Kim