Saturday, June 16, 2007

Morning 2

Another calm night. Not as much sleep, but not the pups' fault! My husband got a 2 a.m. phone call and had to work (he's a computer person) from then on. His computer is in the next room from where Neat and I are sleeping, so we listened to him on a conference call till 5:30. *yawn*!

Neat is looking a little worn today, and I don't think it's just lack of sleep. She's got a big job going on here. And she and her brood are totally amazing. I realized this morning that I haven't even once (other than the moments after birth for one or two of them) had to help a pup latch on to a teat. Since there is no "little one" and they are all so strong I've not had to be making sure each pup gets its fair share or doesn't get knocked off. No helping them each find an open, working teat either. They seem to naturally be nursing in shifts. *g* But it is taking a lot from Neat. She is eating well though! And I'm pretty much letting her have as much as she wants right now

Their "Auntie Kim" will be coming by later this morning for a visit. Will try to get some better individual pictures while she's here to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The puppies are SO darn healthy and Neat is just a dream mom. She was so relaxed and did not seem bothered at all by yet another visitor who wanted to check out her babies. Lisa weighed all the puppies again and they are holding steady. We chatted so much I forgot all about getting more pictures! I can't wait to come back again and love on all of them!

Kim