Monday, June 25, 2007

indignant Field!

I am no longer sleeping on the floor beside the puppy box. I am now in the living room on the sofa at night. So, at about 3:30 I hear a puppy squeal. I roll myself out, grab my glasses and go to check. I keep a low light on at night, so I can see what's going on when I have to check in on them.

So, I get in there and Neat is sprawled out on her BACK in the box with the pups. Field appears to be the only one awake at this point and he's HUNGRY. He is barely able to get a teat, but it's too high for him to latch on. So he's on his back toes, str-e-e-e-e-tching, trying to reach. And he is NOT a happy boy. *g* He's yelling and practically jumping trying to get to her.

Yes, I did make her roll over so he could reach. By then everyone was awake. I definitely think their ears are opening. I am noticing more and more of what seems like reaction to sounds. The eyes are not so tightly squinched shut any longer either, so I expect to see some glimmers this week.

No comments: