Friday, June 15, 2007

Good morning!

We had an uneventful night. The best kind with new puppies. Neat is an absolute Earth Mother. Couldn't be more different than last time. Thank goodness!

We went to bed shortly after midnight. Other than waking up a few times when they squeaked, I slept straight through the night. She really seems to have it all under control. My very first litter of pups (13 years ago this week) was with my PWD bitch, Truly. She had 9 and was a little overwhelmed. Didn't know what to do when 8 were peacefully nursing and ONE was across the box, lost and crying. She depended on me to fetch it. Of course, that WAS her first litter. Neat so far manages to stretch a paw or her nose to get the little lost one back. Of course, being Border Collies, I expect these pups are smart enough to find their own way back anyway. *G* I'll continue to sleep in the pen a few more nights at least, then move to the couch in the next room.

This morning I had to DRAG her out after she ate her breakfast. Literally, put the leash around her neck and MADE her come out of the pen. She had declined a bedtime potty trip last night, so I know she had to "go". Good news is that she is eating eagerly. She'll need it! Can't really get *too* much liquids and calories in her now.

Will work on some pics later, but for now, let me introduce the new family to you all. This is Linda's " wonders of nature" litter, so all have nature names. Linda and I collaborated on a list before they were born, then we matched them to pups last night. To make it easier for me to keep them straight, the color of the collar relates (okay, loosely in some cases) to the name.

Pink girl - Brook (yeah, yeah, NO relation between color and name here, but I love this name and was determined to use it. And I ALWAYS have to have a pink collar girl. *g*)
Blue boy - River
Green boy (light green) - Field
Yellow girl - Meadow
Purple boy - Stone
Red boy - Tree
White boy - Cliff
Green boy (dark green) - Forest

Now I'm going to sit and stare in awe (or is that "Ahhhh") at my little family before breakfast.

No comments: