Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Evening, and all is well

Lianne came over this afternoon and helped roll Momma Whale over so I could shave her belly around the teats and trim her trousers and tail hair away. We also did nails for good measure while we had her down. Then, of course, washed the belly and teats so all is ready. Should it make me nervous that she's grown two extra nipples? One of my Portie girls did that. She had ten pups...

Pups have started those slow, big movements. They also seemed to have dropped somewhat. Certainly not all the way. Last litter she started getting restless and nesting about 6 hours prior to real labor, so I don't expect anything tonight, but will take a temp later. Friday is actually 65 days from the hormone surge, so our actual expected due date. I think Thursday - Saturday is what we are looking at. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Once I am all ready I hate waiting around!

No comments: