Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday morning









I have a new video uploading now. It's nearly 4 minutes long, so it will take awhile for it to process. By noon or so, check my You Tube site. The Border Collie pups are a tad... "overwhelming" for the little Podengos in the morning I think!


For our morning total clean out I move all BC pups to the Podengo box. (which is not yet cleaned, but not really messy either!) This leaves me total access to the empty pen. With past litters, this is when I would take pups to outside to the double x-pen under the EZ Up.


 But you know... I KNOW I wasn't taking pups outside before 3 weeks in the past. I have been thinking all along that this litter is WAY ahead of the previous too in development. Anyone from past litters remember? I don't recall having to go from the box to the big pen this soon in the past...


Anyway, so all the bedding comes out and goes to the laundry (one thing that is kind of nice about being downstairs this time, I am right by the washer/dryer) and then all the dirty, wet, icky newspapers come out and get stuffed in a trash bag. So far all I need to do is take a damp towel across the floor after the papers are up, then a dry one. Soon it will require more "cleaning" if the stuff that goes through the papers. 


Then the fresh newspapers go down, then the clean bedding. Then the puppies all get moved into the BC pen (PPods included) while I clean the now pretty soiled Podengo box. THAT is pretty easy. It's the previous BC whelping box and is only 3x4. SO bedding and papers up, one quick layer of paper down, fleece and blanket on top (Pods still aren't walking well enough to do newspaper without slipping, so I have a VERY narrow area of uncovered paper for them right now) and now the entire lot is shrieking their little lungs out, but becoming exhausted (as am I) and their mother's are getting fairly stressed. Even Neat. ; > 


So Podengos go back to their box with Fada, I let Neat into the pen with her babies, and all is peaceful, for awhile anway...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Lisa, thanks for the video! LOVE watching them. I was LOL when Comet ran into the side of the box and at the very end when Vixen was pinned in the corner upright. :) Can't wait to see them in person!

I agree with you, the Podengos looked a little overwhelmed by the hooligan BC gang.

lm said...

I'm not sure Dancer was the *only* one looking for a meal from Drummer...no wonder he feels a bit backed into a corner...

Yes Comet running into the wall got a chuckle out of me too :) hehe

Linda R. said...

Awww. Poor Drummer. What a lot to wake to.

Pups are really growing. Thx for the video and for the smiles.

Kathy said...

The video is hilarious! The mild-mannered PPods in with the BC thugs...very funny! Poor little guys.

The mostly black BC is intriguing. Not sure who it is.