Saturday, January 30, 2010

5 week birthday

It's hard for me to believe all ten pups are now 5 weeks old! We had some company today. As I said earlier, our neighbor Debbie and her son Logan visited, and Auntie Pam came and once again did nails on all ten pups. We love Pam. : )

I have a lot of pictures of all the puppies that I will get uploaded to their Picasa folders this evening and/or tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for being so patient this last week. (okay, some of yo haven't been QUITE as patient, but I understand.)

Several of you have asked how I am feeling about the BCs leaving Monday. Very mixed feelings... I just don't have the space they need here, at this time of year when they have to be indoors. It will be really great for them to get to Linda's and just be in a new place at this point. And there, they will have many different areas to explore!

It's also great that Linda will finally be able to have one of her litters with her through this fun time when they are really getting their personalities. She'll have so much more fun with them being right there, rather than having to make trips down here.

But YES, I will miss them! I won't miss the big pen clean out in the morning, but I will miss the snuggle time, their silly sparring with each other, and in the evening, when each pup sits on my lap for awhile during TV time or while I try to do some computer work. I'll miss their puppy breath, their chewing my toes and their insistence on messing up the pen within moments of me cleaning it. (well, it IS sort of funny) But that time comes for each litter and I always know they are going off to great homes and I'll get to watch them grow and hear about them from their new owners. These are just going a little sooner, and get another great new experience before they go to all of you!

I'm going to stay busy next week and enjoy my adorable little Podengos!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I worry by the time Linda has had them for a bit she will want to keep ALL of them :)

Unknown said...

She may not think puppies are so sweet and wonderful at the end of two weeks Daisy.

Linda R. said...

I am going to miss them too. :(